Violence & Harassment in the North Bramalea United Church workplace. What you need to know.
North Bramalea United Church takes a position of zero tolerance with regard to workplace harassment. No United Church employee or any other individual affiliated with The United Church of Canada under any circumstances is allowed to exhibit harassing behaviour toward others, including but not limited to employees, congregants, volunteers, visitors, consultants, service providers or any other third parties.
Examples of workplace harassment can include, but are not limited to:
- Inappropriate or unwanted touching
- Intrusive invasions of personal space
- Inappropriate jokes (i.e., jokes made at the expense of others including race, gender, weight, sexual orientation, hair colour such as “dumb blond”, etc.)
- Flirtatious comments
- Damaging personal property or threats to do so
- Pornographic pictures or websites
- Lewd remarks made verbally or electronically
- Derogatory comments that are hurtful
- Patronizing or condescending remarks or behaviour
- Humiliating comments
- Abuse of authority that undermines someone’s performance or threatens his or her career
- Seductive behaviour
- Pounding the wall, desk
- Setting someone up to be unsuccessful, i.e., providing wrong instructions on purpose
- Inappropriate or unfounded threats, i.e., “If you don’t come out drinking with us the company may not see you as a team player and who knows what that will do to your career.”
- Extremely inappropriate emails or social networking activities affecting other workers
Please click here to view our Violence Policy.
Please click here to view first Harassment Policy.
Please click here to view second Harassment Policy.