In response to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, we have made the decision to cancel the Junior High Youth program tonight (March 13th). We know many people are feeling uncertain about public gatherings during this time and we at NBUC care deeply about our youth and their families. We are already thinking about how to creatively change our programming to meet the needs of our community during this time and will continue to communicate our decisions about future events as we gather more information and the situation changes.
As we look to the future there are a few important things we want to keep in mind:
- 2 Timothy 1:7 – we do not need to live a life of fear. God is with us during this time and His Love for us is certain ever during times of uncertainty.
- All levels of government are taking this outbreak seriously and with proper precautions, we have a level of certainty we will get through this as a community.
- Stay connected – use technology to connect with others.
- Be light to those around you…it isn’t enough to be positive yourself, encourage others to do the same
- If you haven’t heard from someone in the last few days, check in to see if they are ok
- We will be back in touch Monday about March break activities
- For more information on NBUC’s response to the Coronavirus please check our website.